What is a Korean Spa?
A Korean Spa is unlike most typical spas that would associate when they hear “spa.” A Korean Spa is a blend of ancient bathhouse with modern spa cultures. This article sums it up pretty nicely: Korean scrub mistress spills her secrets
For our many guests who are new to Korean spa culture, here are some elements you might expect during the day:
1. At check-in, we will greet you with a key for your locker number. The number on your key is your locker number. For your specific gender level, additional towels, bathrobes, and shorts are provided.
2. After check-in you will proceed to the locker room. Undress and store your belongings in your locker.
A Korean spa is not for the modest. We ask that no clothing be worn. Bathing suits are not allowed in the spas. For women that may be a little shy, we do provide robes that you can wear into any of the rooms.
3. Once you are ready, you can proceed into the spa. Please shower prior to entering the tubs.
4. If you are doing a scrub, we advise that you soak in the hot tub at least 15 minutes prior to the service so that the skin is soft
Should you require anything else or have any questions please ask our staff.
- Guest with health condition should consult a physician before using the facilities
- Please do not wear bathing suits in the spa
- Please do not take any photos in the spa and locker room area
- Please shower before using the tub
- Please shower after using dry/steam sauna before going into the tub
- Please do not leave your children unattended
- Use of hair dyes are not allowed in the spa
- Use of oil products and facial beauty products are not allowed in the spa
- Please do not wash or dry your clothes in the spa or the sauna
- Please refrain from splashing water in the tub
- Please refrain from making loud noises
- Please do not take salt rocks outside of its place
- Please place trash, empty cups, and cans into our trash can
- Please place used towels and linen in the laundry basket
- Please return all magazines and newspapers in its proper place
- Smoking is not permitted inside the spa
For Our Guests
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your hours?
We are open from 8am to 9pm, but our last appointment is at 8pm. If no appointments are made by 8pm, we close our doors.
Where are you located?
We are located in Kakaako. The closest cross streets would be Ward Ave and Kawaihao. We are located behind the Asahi Grill in the orange building.
Do you offer gift certificates?
Yes we do
What is your most popular package?
Our scrub and massage package is the most popular package.
How much tip do I need to leave?
We would say that tip at your own discretion. Most people tip 18-20% of their service cost.
Is there parking?
Yes we do have parking. As most places in Hawaii are, parking is limited, so please if at all possible carpool if you are planning to come in a party of 2 or more.
What do I need to bring with me?
You just need to bring yourself. We provide towels and robes/shorts (depending on gender). Some people bring water bottles which is fine.
Can I host a party
Yes. It depends on the size of the group and services you are looking to reserve. Please call us for more information.
Are there any common areas for men and women?
Unfortunately at the moment the spa facilities for men and women are separate. If you are interested in couples’ massages let us know.
Do you have an age limit?
Herbal Spa Hawaii is a family spa and welcomes guests of all ages. Spa treatments for guests under the age of 18 must be under the supervision and consent of a parent or a legal guardian and must be present at all times. Anyone who is under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult of the same gender in the spa and sauna area at all times (or meet under 31″ height limit)
Herbal Spa Sauna & Salon, located in the Kakaako business district, is your escape from the everyday hustle and bustle of city life.
Mon-Fri: 8 AM – 9 PM
Saturday: 8 AM – 9 PM
Sunday: 8 AM – 9 PM
Last appointment at 8 PM
Herbal Spa, Sauna & Salon © 2019 All Rights Reserved.